This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Web Site and UniversalSoft Ltd, the owner and provider of this Web Site. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Web Site and any Services or Systems therein.
1. Definitions and Interpretations:
means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Material and / or any communications System on the Web Site;
means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;
means a small text file placed on your computer by universalsoft.co.uk or universalshop.co.uk websites when you visit certain parts of these Web Sites. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the Web Site. Where e-commerce facilities are provided, Cookies may be used to store your shopping cart contents;
means collectively all information that you submit to the Web Site. This includes, but is not limited to, Account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that UniversalSoft makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future;
means any online communications infrastructure that UniversalSoft makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
means UniversalSoft Ltd, Vista Business Centre, 50 Salisbury Road, Hounslow, Middlesex, TW4 6JQ (UK);
- “User” / “Users”
means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by UniversalSoft and acting in the course of their employment; and
- “Web Site”
means the website that you are currently using (universalsoft.co.uk or universalshop.co.uk) and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2. Data Collected
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected:
- 2.1 Name
- 2.2 Gender
- 2.3 Job title
- 2.4 Profession
- 2.5 Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- 2.6 Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- 2.7 IP address (automatically collected)
- 2.8 Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- 2.9 Operating system (automatically collected)
- 2.10 A list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this Web Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected); and
- 2.11 Cookie information (see Clause 10 below).
3. Our Use of Data
- 3.1 Any personal Data you submit will be retained by UniversalSoft for as long as you use the Services and Systems provided on the Web Site.
- 3.2 Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 4, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- 3.3 All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act. For more details on security, see Clause 9 below.
- 3.4 Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Web Site. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- 3.4.1 Internal record keeping
- 3.4.2 Improvement of our products / services
- 3.4.3 Transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you
- 3.4.4 Contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Web Site
4. Third Party Web Sites and Services
UniversalSoft may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Web Site. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that UniversalSoft requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
5. Changes of Business Ownership and Control
- 5.1 The transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
- 5.2 In the event that any Data submitted by Users will be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your Data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
6. Controlling Access to your Data
6.1 Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- 6.1.1 Use of Data for direct marketing purposes, and
- 6.1.2 Sharing Data with third parties.
7. Your Right to Withhold Information
- 7.1 You may access certain areas of the Web Site without providing any Data at all. However, to use all Services and Systems available on the Web Site you may be required to submit Account information or other Data.
8. Accessing your own Data
- 8.1 You may access your Account at any time to view or amend the Data. You may need to modify or update your Data if your circumstances change. Additional Data as to your marketing preferences may also be stored and you may change this at any time.
- 8.2 You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal Data on payment of a small fee.
- 9.1 Data security is of great importance to UniversalSoft and to protect all our Data including your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected online.
- 10.2 Before the Web Site sets Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a pop-up message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the setting of our Cookies you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you through our Web Site. If you wish to deny your consent to the placing of Cookies.
- 10.3 Certain features of the Web Site depend upon Cookies to function and are deemed, within the law, to be strictly necessary. You will not be asked for your consent to place these Cookies however you may still disable cookies via your web browser’s settings.
- 10.4 You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling Cookies may prevent you from using the full range of Services available on the Web Site.
- 10.5 You may delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Web Site more quickly.
- 10.6 It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your browser if you are unsure as to how to adjust your privacy settings.
11. Changes to this Policy